Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Super Easy Homemade Granola *UPDATED*

In my hunt to find something healthy to eat that won't make me sick, I decided to make my own granola. I found a recipe that I got from a class on grains that our church put on and tried it out. I tweaked it and it turned out great! It doesn't make the big clumps, but it is fantastic in milk or yogurt. And...I can actually eat it without regretting it!


6 cups rolled oats
1/2 c brown sugar
(Here you can also add coconut if you'd like, but I don't)
mix together. Stir in and coat thoroughly with:

1/2 c oil
1/3 c honey
2 tsp vanilla

spread on cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and add dried fruit and nuts (I love cranberries, almonds, and cashews - this part is what can get pricey).

*UPDATE*
When I made this before, I used mixed nuts. The nuts were MUCH saltier than the cashews and almonds. I would add a little salt if you are going with a lower sodium variety of nuts.

1 comments:

momcoxson said...

Sounds yummy...and a lot easier and less expensive than mine. I'll have to try it!!