One fell off and bumped her head. Three hours and two staples later...
We haven't had an ER trip for over a year, so I guess we were due. Emily was jumping on her bed with some friends yesterday when she fell back and hit her head on the head board. She got an inch wide gash and was bleeding profusely. She was bleeding so much, in fact, it took me a bit to even figure out where it was all coming from. I rinsed some of the blood out of her hair, then put a cloth diaper on it. Those things sure are handy!! We held the cloth diaper on it and she, Matt and Joe were off while I stayed with the houseful of kids.
She called me from the ER and was so chipper I asked her if they gave her medicine. She said, "Nope. But they gave me a bracelet!" Matt said she whimpered when they were putting the staples in but that's all. She's a trooper! She'll get the staples out in seven days.
...And the momma said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!"
1 comments:
You write the cutest blogs!!! Poor Emmy....glad it wasn't worse, though. Tell her: Grandma said "no more monkeys jumping on the bed!" too. ...and then give her a big hug from me. oxoxoxo
Post a Comment